Plugin Name: Orbit Fox by ThemeIsle
- Software Type: Plugin
- Software Slug: themeisle-companion
- Software Status: Active
- Software Author: themeisle
- Software Downloads: 11,001,326
- Active Installs: 200,000
- Last Updated: January 15, 2024
- Patched Versions: 2.10.28
- Affected Versions: <= 2.10.27
- Name: Orbit Fox by ThemeIsle <= 2.10.27
- Title: Authenticated (Contributor+) Stored Cross-site Scripting via Pricing Table Elementor Widget
- Type: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N
- CVE: CVE-2024-0508
- CVSS Score: 6.4
- Publicly Published: January 15, 2024
- Researcher: Webbernaut
- Description: The Orbit Fox by ThemeIsle plugin for WordPress is vulnerable to Stored Cross-Site Scripting in versions up to 2.10.27. This issue, centered around the Pricing Table Elementor Widget, stems from insufficient input sanitization and output escaping of the link URL attribute. It enables authenticated users with contributor-level access or higher to inject malicious web scripts that execute when a page is accessed.
Orbit Fox by ThemeIsle, a versatile WordPress plugin, has been found to have a Stored Cross-Site Scripting vulnerability in versions up to and including 2.10.27. This vulnerability, cataloged as CVE-2024-0508, allows for script injection via the Pricing Table Elementor Widget. The vulnerability has been effectively patched in the newer version, 2.10.28.
This vulnerability poses a significant risk to WordPress sites using Orbit Fox by ThemeIsle, particularly in the Pricing Table Elementor Widget. Attackers with contributor-level access can exploit the vulnerability to insert harmful scripts. These scripts can execute various malicious activities, compromising site security and potentially affecting its visitors. The vulnerability arises due to inadequate security measures in handling user inputs within the widget.
Advice for Users:
- Immediate Action: Update Orbit Fox by ThemeIsle to the secure version 2.10.28 immediately.
- Check for Signs of Vulnerability: Monitor your website for any unusual script executions or unexpected content alterations.
- Alternate Plugins: While the vulnerability has been patched, as a precaution, users might consider exploring alternative plugins offering similar functionalities.
- Stay Updated: Regularly update all WordPress plugins to their latest versions to avoid known vulnerabilities.
The quick resolution of the CVE-2024-0508 vulnerability in Orbit Fox by ThemeIsle highlights the ongoing importance of timely software updates in web security. Users of the plugin, especially those utilizing its Elementor widgets, are advised to upgrade to version 2.10.28 or later. This incident underscores the continuous need for vigilance in cybersecurity practices to safeguard digital platforms, particularly for small business owners who may lack extensive IT resources.
In the constantly evolving landscape of website security, a critical vulnerability in the Orbit Fox by ThemeIsle plugin for WordPress, identified as CVE-2024-0508, has raised significant concerns. This vulnerability exposes websites to stored cross-site scripting attacks, especially through the Pricing Table Elementor Widget, allowing authenticated users with contributor-level access to inject harmful scripts. For small business owners managing WordPress sites, understanding and addressing such vulnerabilities is crucial for maintaining a secure and trustworthy online presence.
Risks and Potential Impacts:
The vulnerability poses a significant risk to websites, potentially leading to unauthorized actions, data breaches, and manipulation of site content. This is particularly concerning for sites that rely on Orbit Fox for Elementor widget functionalities, as it can compromise both the site’s integrity and user trust.
- Orbit Fox by ThemeIsle has had 5 previous vulnerabilities reported since November 12, 2018, highlighting the need for ongoing vigilance.
The quick resolution of CVE-2024-0508 in Orbit Fox by ThemeIsle underscores the critical importance of timely software updates in protecting WordPress sites. Small business owners, often juggling multiple responsibilities, should prioritize the security of their online platforms. This involves regularly updating plugins and staying informed about potential vulnerabilities. By doing so, they not only protect their business but also maintain the trust of their customers and users.
Staying on top of WordPress security can feel overwhelming for small business owners without dedicated IT staff. At Your WP Guy, we exist to shoulder that burden for you. Our WordPress experts can fully audit, secure, maintain and support your site - so you can focus on growing your business with peace of mind.
Don't tackle security risks alone. Let us help you assess any impact from this vulnerability, update your plugins, and implement ongoing maintenance to avoid future threats. We treat your website like it's our own - because we know how critical it is for reaching your customers.
Get in touch for a free consultation today on making WordPress security stress-free. Call 678-995-5169 or book a call here. Our knowledgeable team is ready to help you safeguard your online presence.