If you’re involved in a nonprofit organization and need help maintaining your website, there are several options to consider.
Nonprofits often have limited resources, so it’s essential to find affordable and effective solutions that align with your goals. Here are some ways to get the support you need:
- Volunteer web developers: Reach out to local universities, colleges, or community centers to see if they have students or volunteers who can assist with website maintenance. Many students are eager to gain experience and may be willing to donate their time. You can also post on social media or reach out to local tech companies to find volunteers.
- Online tutorials and resources: Utilize online resources like YouTube, Udemy, Coursera, or LinkedIn Learning to learn how to manage and maintain your website. These platforms offer step-by-step guides and video tutorials that can help you understand website development, design, and management.
- Website builder customer support: If you use a website builder like WordPress, Wix, Squarespace, or Weebly, take advantage of their customer support services. They often provide live chat, email, or phone support to help you resolve issues and answer questions.
- Freelance web developers: Hire a freelance web developer who specializes in nonprofit website maintenance. They can provide customized solutions tailored to your organization’s needs and budget. You can find freelancers through online marketplaces like Upwork, Fiverr, or Freelancer.
- Nonprofit-focused web agencies: Some web development agencies specialize in working with nonprofits. They understand the unique challenges and goals of nonprofit organizations and can provide comprehensive services, including strategy, design, development, and ongoing support. Look for agencies that offer discounted rates for nonprofits.
- Your WP Guy: Our team at Your WP Guy provides proactive website maintenance services specifically designed for nonprofits. We understand the importance of keeping your website secure, fast, and user-friendly while minimizing costs. Our plans include day-to-day maintenance, theme, and plugin updates, 24-hour security monitoring, daily backups, load speed checks, monthly reporting, and more. Contact us today to learn how we can help your nonprofit organization thrive online.
- DIY solutions: Consider using DIY solutions like WordPress plugins, website builders, and online tools that simplify website management. These resources can help you manage your website without requiring extensive technical knowledge.
- Local community partnerships: Collaborate with local businesses, schools, or community organizations to share resources and expertise. You may be able to find volunteers or partner with a local web development company that can assist with your website needs.
- Grants and funding opportunities: Research grant programs or funding opportunities specifically designed for nonprofits. Some organizations, foundations, or government agencies offer financial assistance for technology upgrades, website development, or digital marketing initiatives.
- Invest in training and education: Invest in training and education for yourself or your team members to improve your website management skills. This will enable you to handle routine tasks and make informed decisions when working with web developers or agencies.
Remember, maintaining a website for a nonprofit requires a combination of technical expertise, strategic planning, and ongoing support.
Your WP Essential ($99/month) – Day-to-day maintenance, updates, backups, and security
Your WP Plus ($199/month) – Everything in Essential plus advanced troubleshooting and support
Your WP Pro ($299/month) – Our premium plan with maximum support and customization
Keep your website in expert hands. Compare your maintenance options and get started today!
Need a new website design or just a refresh? We can help with that too!
Want to learn more about what’s included in each plan? Check out our basic WordPress maintenance checklist.