The first step towards getting your website up and running is choosing the right domain name registrar. This is who will most likely become your web hosting partner as well.
This sounds dramatic but…how will I know if they’re the one?
Well, the right registrar should have additional features apart from low prices that will make running your website, online store, or blog easier and more convenient.
So, if you are planning to go with WordPress, consider choosing any of these reliable companies. Their services are specifically tailored for WordPress’ unique features!
Your WP Guy
Your first choice is a solid one. Your WP guy is unique in this list for being dedicated to WordPress website support.
With 18 + years of WordPress experience, you cannot go wrong with this robust domain name registrar.
Plus, if you build your WordPress sites and register your domain with Your WP Guy, then get on our Fast and Furious maintenance plan, your site will load in less than three seconds.
Three second speed from a guy has never been so celebrated!
In addition, Your WP Guy will monitor your site to ensure a 99% uptime. OK that’s more like it.
It doesn’t stop there. Should you choose us for domain name registration, they offer WHOIS protection for security and privacy for FREE.
What’s more, their customer support team will assist with any website trouble at any time and as fast as possible. Actual humans help you here? No bots? No regrets! Their maintenance plan pricing tiers include:
- Keep It Runnin’ ($99/month): automatic WordPress theme and plugin updates, basic security installation and monitoring, daily automatic site backups, and monthly performance reports
- Quick Fix ($199/month): automatic theme, plugins, and WordPress core updates, advanced security, monthly performance and SEO reports, daily site backups, and technical fixes in an hour.
- Fast and Furious ($299/month): Advanced security, plugin, theme and WordPress core updates, daily website backups, loading speed adjustments, monthly SEO and performance reports.
Another option to refer to is Network Solutions. Their first client was the US government in 1991. Oh wow…not a bad first customer. As the internet became more accessible, Network Solutions blew up as the previously sole registrar for .org, .net, and .com domain names and the sustainer of the WHOIS database.
Today, they offer much more than domain registration, professional web design, and cloud-based hosting plans that suit you as a small business owner. Network solution’s entry-level tier goes for $3.99 and offers unlimited bandwidth and ample storage, 99.99% uptime, 24/7 live chat, phone, and email customer support, and plenty of open-source library and language support.
Lastly on our list is GoDaddy. Another company who can handle your WordPress hosting and domain name registration. The features they offer include:
- A free business mail and domain registration for the first year
- Automatic WordPress core updates
- One-click backup and restore
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
GoDaddy’s pricing is ranked in tiers:
- $6.99/month: The ‘Basic’ tier offers 30GB storage and 25K monthly visitors
- $9.99 /month: The ‘Deluxe’ package offers 75GB of storage and up to 100k monthly site visitors
- $12.99/month: the ‘Ultimate’ package offers unlimited bandwidth and storage
- $15.99/month: unlimited storage and bandwidth, SSL certificate
(Editors note: We do not recommend any of the lower tier plans that Godaddy offers, we suggest a business class hosting package should you decide to use them. You will have way less issues with your website on a business plan. You can see their plans on our portal here: GoDaddy Hosting)
WordPress is an incredible website content management system with all the tools you need for a fully functional business site, blog, or online store.
Not to play favorites but if you truly want to experience it in all its grandeur, consider registering your domain with Your WP Guy Domains. With plenty of WordPress CMS experience and a bustling portfolio of happy clients, Your WP Guy will treat you how you deserve to be treated.