Plugin Name: PDF Invoices & Packing Slips for WooCommerce
- Software Type: Plugin
- Software Slug: woocommerce-pdf-invoices-packing-slips
- Software Status: Active
- Software Author: wpovernight
- Software Downloads: 14,467,174
- Active Installs: 300,000
- Last Updated: January 12, 2024
- Patched Versions: 3.7.6
- Affected Versions: <= 3.7.5
- Name: PDF Invoices & Packing Slips for WooCommerce <= 3.7.5
- Title: Authenticated (Shop Manager+) SQL Injection
- Type: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:H/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
- CVE: CVE-2024-22147
- CVSS Score: 7.2
- Publicly Published: January 12, 2024
- Researcher: Yudistira Arya
- Description: The plugin is vulnerable to SQL Injection via the get_numbers() function in versions up to and including 3.7.5. This vulnerability arises from insufficient parameter escaping and inadequate preparation of SQL queries, allowing authenticated attackers with shop manager-level access to append harmful SQL queries and extract sensitive database information.
The PDF Invoices & Packing Slips plugin for WooCommerce has a critical vulnerability in versions up to and including 3.7.5, identified as CVE-2024-22147. This SQL Injection vulnerability, exploitable by users with shop manager-level access, poses a risk of sensitive data extraction from the website's database. The issue has been rectified in the updated version 3.7.6.
This SQL Injection vulnerability could have severe implications for WooCommerce sites using this plugin. Attackers with the necessary permissions can manipulate SQL queries to access sensitive data. Such vulnerabilities are critical, especially in e-commerce environments where data security is paramount. The vulnerable get_numbers() function did not sufficiently escape user-supplied parameters, creating a gateway for exploitation.
Advice for Users
- Immediate Action: Update to version 3.7.6, which contains the necessary security patches.
- Check for Signs of Vulnerability: Monitor your website for any unusual database activities or unauthorized data access.
- Alternate Plugins: Consider alternate invoicing plugins if seeking additional security assurances.
- Stay Updated: Regularly updating plugins is essential to maintain security and protect against known vulnerabilities.
The swift patching of CVE-2024-22147 in the PDF Invoices & Packing Slips for WooCommerce plugin underscores the importance of timely updates. It is crucial for users, particularly those managing WooCommerce stores, to ensure their plugins are up-to-date to protect sensitive data and maintain the integrity of their e-commerce operations. This incident highlights the continual need for vigilance in the face of evolving cybersecurity threats.
In the dynamic world of e-commerce, website security is of paramount importance. A recent discovery of a critical vulnerability in the "PDF Invoices & Packing Slips for WooCommerce" plugin, known as CVE-2024-22147, has raised significant concerns. This vulnerability presents a serious risk of SQL Injection, potentially compromising sensitive data. This article aims to provide a comprehensive overview of the vulnerability, its potential impacts, and effective remediation strategies, offering essential guidance to small business owners managing WordPress websites.
The vulnerability in the "PDF Invoices & Packing Slips for WooCommerce" plugin, identified as CVE-2024-22147, presents a significant risk for e-commerce sites. This vulnerability allows SQL Injection, which can lead to unauthorized data access and extraction.
This SQL Injection vulnerability could have severe implications, especially in e-commerce environments where customer and transaction data are highly sensitive. The vulnerability, present in versions up to 3.7.5, arises due to inadequate input sanitization, creating a potential gateway for attackers to access and extract sensitive information.
The prompt resolution of CVE-2024-22147 in the PDF Invoices & Packing Slips for WooCommerce plugin highlights the critical importance of keeping software up-to-date for web security. For small business owners who rely on WordPress for e-commerce, it's essential to regularly update plugins and maintain vigilance against emerging cybersecurity threats. Staying informed and proactive in addressing security vulnerabilities is key to safeguarding your online business.
There have been 6 previous vulnerabilities reported for this plugin since October 2, 2017.
Staying on top of WordPress security can feel overwhelming for small business owners without dedicated IT staff. At Your WP Guy, we exist to shoulder that burden for you. Our WordPress experts can fully audit, secure, maintain and support your site - so you can focus on growing your business with peace of mind.
Don't tackle security risks alone. Let us help you assess any impact from this vulnerability, update your plugins, and implement ongoing maintenance to avoid future threats. We treat your website like it's our own - because we know how critical it is for reaching your customers.
Get in touch for a free consultation today on making WordPress security stress-free. Call 678-995-5169 or book a call here. Our knowledgeable team is ready to help you safeguard your online presence.